There are three crucial stages of production when making a film. Each step is as important as the next, and every stage requires lots of attention. In this blog I am going to breakdown the three stages of production and what each stage includes.
- Writing– this is the stage in which a script is written, faces peer review, and the script is re-written. This also includes story boarding ideas before you begin writing.
- Crew and Cast– The film is cast, and each role is filled. Each crew member is handpicked, and the film is fully staffed.
- Schedule– A plan for each day of shooting is written out and planned. The schedule states when and where things are to be filmed.
- Locations– The location scouts search for the perfect setting and if required filming contrasts are drawn up and shared with the proper business people.
- Props/Costumes/Art Direction– In this stage all the needed props, costumes, sets, etc are creating and ready for use.
- Shot List– A format list breaking down each shot, angle, and direction of the camera.
- Shooting– This is the stage in which all the pre-production work is put into place and the actual shooting of the film occurs. The longer you spend in Pre Production, the more organized and productive the Production process will be.
- Editing– The footage is all spliced, transitions are added, and overlays are put into place.
- Special Fx– Special effects are incorporated and added to the film.
- Color Grading– This is one of the most important steps in the post-production process. It will distinguish your film as professional looking and increase the quality by a ton.
- Sound/ Audio Foley– Sound is mixed, editing, and added under neath each shot.
- Soundtrack– Music is handpicked and deed to the film in order to add an emotional impact.
FireFly lane (2021) review
Synopsis: Tully and Kate meet as young girls on Firefly Lane and become inseparable friends throughout 30 years of ups and downs. First episode date: February 3, 2021 Network: Netflix Program creator: Maggie Friedman Executive producers: Maggie Friedman, Stephanie Germain, Katherine Heigl, Lee Rose, Shawn Williamson, Peter O’Fallon My Review: After watching the first few episodes of this series, I was not sucked into…
Alien(s) (1986) Review
Synopsis After floating in space for 57 years, Lt. Ripley’s (Sigourney Weaver) shuttle is found by a deep space salvage team. Upon arriving at LV-426, the marines find only one survivor, a nine year old girl named Newt (Carrie Henn). But even these battle-hardened marines with all the latest weaponry are no match for the hundreds…
Alien (1979) Review
Synopsis In deep space, the crew of the commercial starship Nostromo is awakened from their cryo-sleep capsules halfway through their journey home to investigate a distress call from an alien vessel. The terror begins when the crew encounters a nest of eggs inside the alien ship. An organism from inside an egg leaps out and…